The UP-PGH Department of Medicine Section of Rheumatology would like to thank all those who took their time to attend the 15th Lourdes Manahan Lectures in Rheumatology last 15th of November, 2018 at the Museum of History of Ideas, UP Manila, Padre Faura, Manila. We were overwhelmed with the number of attendees for this years’ LMLR activity.
New insights regarding Primary Vasculitis have been imparted to those who were able to attend the lectures.
To further reinforce the lessons learned during this activity, we would like to share the lecture slides from our presentors. We kindly ask to give due credit if these are to be used as reference in other venues and activities.
Overview of Vasculitis LMLR 2018
Part 1 Version 2 Edited Diagnosing Vasculitis JP Lorenzo LMLR
B-one with us and Join-(t) us as we celebrate and encourage awareness of bone and joint diseases!
The UP-PGH Section of Rheumatology joins the Global Alliance for Musculoskeletal Health of the Bone and Joint Decade in celebrating the International Bone and Joint Awareness Week this October 15-19, 2018. As part of the week-long festivities, we are launching the Bone and Joint Awareness Week Poster/Infographic-making Contest. This project aims to increase awareness and correct misconceptions about arthritis and its management.
HOW TO JOIN?
The contest is open to all creative individuals residing in the Philippines. Joining the contest is FREE of charge. Three individuals have an opportunity to win cash prizes amounting to P10,000, P5,000, and P3,000.
Simply create your own digital poster or infographic. Email your entry/entries to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 8, 2018.
1. The entries, in English or Filipino, shall be in digital format:
a. Minimum to appear expanded 3150 x 4200 pixels, a 2:1 ratio (18 x 24 inches in hard copy).
b. Minimum 175 DPI in resolution
c. In .JPEG format.
2. The theme shall be any of the following:
a. Awareness about arthritis in general and to correct misconceptions about arthritis and its management.
b. Awareness about any of the following common rheumatologic and musculoskeletal diseases:
iii. Low back pain
3. Submission should include your full name, cellphone number, e-mail address and a short description of your contest entries and to be sent through email to email@example.com on or before October 8, 2018.
4. Contest is open to all. There is no limit of entry per person or per e-mail address.
5. All designs submitted shall be created specifically for this Contest and have not been used commercially. Entrant warrants and represents that they own all rights to the Entry, their Entry is the original work of the Entrant, does not contain any third-party designs, does not infringe on any third-party rights, complies with all laws and regulations, and does not contain defamatory statements, or invade privacy, publicity or other rights of any third party. Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content will be disqualified, as determined by the section in its sole discretion. All the digital posters and infographics submitted will be shared in the social media accounts of the UP-PGH Section of Rheumatology.
The top 10 posters/infographics will be displayed at the PGH lobby during the Bone and Joint Awareness Week Celebration. The top three winners will be announced and awarded after the morning flag ceremony on October 15, 2018. The cash prizes are as follows:
a. First Prize: P10,000.00
b. Second Prize: P5,000.00
c. Third Prize: P3,000.00
d. Consolation Prizes: P1,000.00 for the rest of the top 10 entries.
For further information and details, you may the UP-PGH Section of Rheumatology at 554-8400 local 2207 and look for Dr. David Marcos or Mrs. Jonalyn Yepes-Pacle.
The Lourdes Manahan Lectures in Rheumatology is an annual postgraduate course on various topics on Rheumatology. Lectures are aimed to equip General Practitioners, Internists, Family Medicine Specialists and Medical Students on current topics in the field. The theme for this year is “Living and Coping with Arthritis… from One to 99.” We have invited Adult Rheumatologists, a Pediatric Rheumatologist, Pediatric Rehabilitation Specialist, Spine Surgeon and a Sports Medicine Specialist to lecture on various topics which include Biomechanics, Arthritis in the Young, Rehabilitation of the Pediatric Patient, Injury Prevention for the Active Individual, Back Pain in the Work Populace, and Updates in Osteoarthritis.
We welcome you to join us in this exciting activity on September 7, 2017, 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM at the Museum of a History of Ideas, Padre Faura St., Ermita, Manila, registration will be free through the link: https://goo.gl/forms/FW6BNJPBckCNPBq23
PRC CPD Units applied for Physicians and Nurses
PAFP and PRC Units Applied
15 PMA Units
For inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 554-8400 loc 2207
a steampunk musical
A contemporary musical foregrounding the intellectual heroism of Apolinario Mabini, who in the second phase of Philippine revolution, displayed an uncommon vision, a warrior’s spirit, and a principled character, as he struggled against all odds to enjoin his countrymen to go beyond considerations of class, clan, economic gain, and personal ambition, so they could think and act as citizens of one nation.
RHEUMATOLOGY BRIDGING LUPUS FUND WITH SAGIP BUHAY MEDICAL FOUNDATION IMPLEMENTING RULES AND POLICIES, PROCEDURES FOR DONATION
One of the stumbling blocks in the adequate management of lupus patients in the charity service is insufficiency of funds for badly needed diagnostic and therapeutic interventions. Government subsidy and charitable organizations that aid in addressing this problem prove short in many instances.
The Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine of the Philippine General Hospital has taken the initiative to augment the above fund sources through the Rheumatology Bridging Lupus Fund (RBLF) under the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. Proceeds from fundraising projects and donations from alumni and other generous individuals contributed to the RBLF will be utilized for specific indications for lupus patients admitted to the Department of Medicine charity service of the Philippine General Hospital.
- To form the RBLF under the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. to receive donations for the lupus patients of the Department of Medicine, Philippine General Hospital
- The RBLF shall subsidize specific diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, which are mandatory and life-saving:
- Serologic tests for diagnosis
- ANA and its specificities
- APAS work-up
- Other antibody panels
- CT and MR imaging
- Ultrasound and 2 D echo cardiography
- Angiographic studies
- Renal and other tissue histopathologic studies
- Others which may be deemed necessary
- First 3 days of IV antibiotics
- First 2 weeks of antisuppressants such as MMF, azathioprine, etc.
- Others which may be deemed necessary
- PROCEDURE FOR DONATIONS
- A donation form (see attached form) will be filled out either by the donor, a representative of the donor, the solicitor, or the administrative officer of the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. detailing the name of the donor, mailing address, contact numbers, and amount donated.
- The donation shall be received by the administrative officer of the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc.
- An official receipt acknowledging the donation given shall be issued to the donor.
- The duplicate copy of the donation form shall be issued to the Section of Rheumatology.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE RBLF
- The Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation – Rheumatology Bridging Lupus Fund (RBLF) will consist of monetary donations for patient care under the charity services.
- The RBLF shall officially be implemented starting January 2012, and until such time that the Fund is available.
- Donations for the Fund shall be made to the “Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation – Rheumatology Bridging Lupus Fund”.
- The Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation – RBLF shall be subject to the operating policies of the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc.
- In lieu of a processing fee, all interest accrued by the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. – Rheumatology Bridging Fund shall go to the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc.
- The amount of P20,000 shall be made available at the beginning of the implementation of the RBLF, and shall be kept by the Section of Rheumatology, as a revolving fund for emergency expenses within the indicated use of the BRLF.
- A check payable to the Section of Rheumatology will be issued in 3 – 7 working days
- MOBILIZATION OF FUNDS
- The Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. – RBLF may be mobilized as follows:
- Request for funds from the RBLF shall be accomplished through the official request form to the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation – RBLF signed by Fellow-in-charge and approved by the Rheumatology Service Consultant of the month or the Section Head, whoever is available at the time of request.
- Once funds are utilized, fellow in charge of case shall submit all the receipts for liquidation to the Section of Rheumatology.
- The Section of Rheumatology shall submit a copy of the liquidation process to Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc.
- A revolving fund of P20,000.00 pesos shall be issued by Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. from the RBLF.
- This fund shall be used for initial diagnostic and treatment indications upon approval of the Rheumatology consultant of the month.
- Liquidation with receipts submitted to the section is mandatory within the first week of use.
- The section shall request through a letter to Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc, once the revolving fund is lesser than P5,000.00.
- The Chief Fellow shall be in charge of the records for the revolving fund
- PROCEDURE FOR ACCOUNTING
- A quarterly accounting of funds received and released from the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. – Rheumatology Bridging Lupus Fund shall be made available by the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. to the Section of Rheumatology.
- The section of Rheumatology will likewise perform a separate accounting of funds received and released from the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. – Rheumatology Bridging Lupus Fund.
- This accounting shall be presented annually during a Rheumatology Section Conference / Staff Meeting.
- Accounting of the Sagip Buhay Medical Foundation, Inc. – Lupus Fund shall also be made available to any interested donor.
Prepared by: GZ-Racaza, MD
INVITATION TO SPONSOR A PATIENT/ DONATE TO THE BLF-SAGIP BUHAY MEDICAL FOUNDATION
DONOR’S DIRECTORY: Individual Company/ Agency
COMPANY NAME: ___________________________________________________________
COMPANY POSITION: ________________________________________________________
MAILING ADDRESS: _________________________________________________________
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____________________________________________________________
CONTACT NOs: ______________________________________________________________
AMOUNT DONATED: _____________________________
Solicited by: ________________________
Received by:________________________ Date Received: _______________________